Thursday, June 17, 2010

What a week!!

I cant honestly say this has been one of the hardest weeks on Me (our family)! My blog is getting a little depressing huh? I'll try not to make it too sappy. Well Bo started running fever Monday night, he woke up crying and it was 100. Initially I thought he was getting his bronchitis that he always gets, because it always starts with fever. But then on Tuesday it went away and he was acting fine, up until about lunch time, when the fever returned. We continued giving him Tylenol and Wednesday the fever was still there and he was really feeling bad. Wouldn't eat a thing and just wanted to be held all day. He even watched an hour movie ,while laying on the couch, he has never just layed there on the couch before. About 8:00 we got a call from my sister in law warning us that a little girl we were with over the weekend was diagnosed with Fifths disease. This is a disease that covers you in a rash (starting with the face) and goes all the way down your body. It is accompanied by fever and flu like symptoms. It is not good for a pregnant woman to be exposed to this disease. So of course, Ryan and I were worried that Bo had it and I was going to get it. Bo woke up several times during the night, fussing and crying...still running fever. When he got up this morning, he had a rash! Oh no!! But it was on his arm so I was a tad bit skeptical but still very worried. My OB wanted me to come in and have a blood test and Ryan took Bo to Dr.Friedman. Bo had blood work done too and PRAISE THE LORD he tested negative for Fifths Disease...WHAT A RELIEF!! He just has a really bad virus, that has to run its course. So, Im guessing my test will come back negative as well. 50% of adults have had this disease as a child and once you get it, you can't get it again, kinda like chicken pox. Hopefully he will be a little bit better each day.
My next post I will add some pictures of the boys at their cousins 1st birthday party at the lake. It was a blast and all Pre Sickness!
On a happy note, Im almost through my 1st Trimester...another blessing and praise!!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Mama! I wish I lived closer. I would kidnap your little monkeys so you could go have a nap or a massage or a nap AND a massage. Wait, I would stick all the kids with Paul and go with your for a massage!:)

    ReplyDelete